Saturday, 3 June 2017

WHFB Griffin

I got this (Elector Count on a) Griffin from Ebay a couple of months ago for the bargain price of £11.21.  The kit is by Michael Perry, which was released about 2005 and it a beast of a model with a wingspan of  around 160mm.  It had been lightly, partially painted over a white undercoat and all in all it wasn't too bad.  I didn't strip it, I just gave it an all over dark brown wash, drilled a hole to pin on the rider and started painting.  I painted the body and face using the multi layer technique and the wash and dry brush technique for the wings.  It's took me a couple of weekend to complete as I have a lot of real life stuff going on at the minute, but I'll hopefully get the Elector Count done next weekend and post the completed model.  Until then here's a preview of the Griffin.




Finally here's a picture from the Ebay listing as you can see the rider doesn't have a shield, so I've given it a plastic shield in preparation for painting.


Cheers




2 comments: