Saturday, 17 June 2017

Elector Count on a Griffin

 Here he is, as promised a couple of weeks ago the Elector Count on a Griffin.  I went for a green and gold colour scheme so it looks like my Empire Army is going to be from the province of Averland.


I've got a lot going on at the minute which hasn't left a lot of time for painting and I had to paint it over four sessions.  
 Session 1.  face and start of the armour.
 Session 2.  Fur lining of the cloak, saddle, hammer shaft and finish off the armour. 
Session 3.  It was at this stage that I decided on the colour scheme, starting with the green and the brown undercoat for the gold.  

I finished it off this morning with the final session and altogether it's taken me about 4 hours to paint the rider and about 6 to paint the griffin.

Here's a few pictures of the finished model.



Thanks for looking
Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a spectacular piece! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete