Sunday, 25 June 2017

Kislev Kossar WIP

Just a quick post of 10 Kislev Kossars that I have only been painting for about 3 months, I was hoping to get these finished this weekend but sadly it wasn't to be, due to the ominously sounding "other stuff" that I had to do.  While these are lovely figures the are somewhat taxing to paint so rather than try to complete the whole batch of 10 figures I've decided to break them down into more manageable batches of 2 or 3.

 The whole bunch of 10
And the first of the smaller sub-batches, if you will.

As you can see there's not much work left on them, pretty much just a highlight on the black bags, straps and boots and highlight the brown bows and quivers, with a little more work on the Leader, Musician and Standard Bearer.  
As a bit of an aside I've prepped and primed the last few of the Napoleonics I was doing at the end of last year.  Once these are finished I may be putting the Napoleonics on Ebay.
Thanks for looking.
Cheers

Saturday, 17 June 2017

Elector Count on a Griffin

 Here he is, as promised a couple of weeks ago the Elector Count on a Griffin.  I went for a green and gold colour scheme so it looks like my Empire Army is going to be from the province of Averland.


I've got a lot going on at the minute which hasn't left a lot of time for painting and I had to paint it over four sessions.  
 Session 1.  face and start of the armour.
 Session 2.  Fur lining of the cloak, saddle, hammer shaft and finish off the armour. 
Session 3.  It was at this stage that I decided on the colour scheme, starting with the green and the brown undercoat for the gold.  

I finished it off this morning with the final session and altogether it's taken me about 4 hours to paint the rider and about 6 to paint the griffin.

Here's a few pictures of the finished model.



Thanks for looking
Cheers

Saturday, 3 June 2017

WHFB Griffin

I got this (Elector Count on a) Griffin from Ebay a couple of months ago for the bargain price of £11.21.  The kit is by Michael Perry, which was released about 2005 and it a beast of a model with a wingspan of  around 160mm.  It had been lightly, partially painted over a white undercoat and all in all it wasn't too bad.  I didn't strip it, I just gave it an all over dark brown wash, drilled a hole to pin on the rider and started painting.  I painted the body and face using the multi layer technique and the wash and dry brush technique for the wings.  It's took me a couple of weekend to complete as I have a lot of real life stuff going on at the minute, but I'll hopefully get the Elector Count done next weekend and post the completed model.  Until then here's a preview of the Griffin.




Finally here's a picture from the Ebay listing as you can see the rider doesn't have a shield, so I've given it a plastic shield in preparation for painting.


Cheers