Saturday, 18 March 2017

Empire Army

Back in August last year I posted here showing the progress of my WHFB Empire army, well things have moved on a little and I've painted a few more figures so here's an update of the army so far.


Calling it an army is a bit misleading as it's still just a collection of figures, but it would be playable if a little unorthodox as it's led by a couple of Vampires.  I could fluff it up by saying that the Vampires have the unit commanders enthralled and the army must keep fighting battles to provide a supply of prisoners to sustain their dark mistresses, but the truth of it is that I got a little distracted by the Deadcember challenge on the Oldhammer Forum and the Warhammer Empire forum at the end of last year along with the Napoleonic diversion last autumn so the Empire got temporarily shelved.
So, say I.  As obviously no one will ask, "Why the resurgence in interest in the Empire Steve?"  Well I have decided to take a little excursion to Newark on the last week of July and visit Bring Out Your Lead at Foundry and I need some toys to take with me and I've been planning what to take.
Now my painting falls into 2 categories, I work away from home most weeks and I take paints and figures away with me, saddo that I am, but hey, it's better than going on the drink every night or just watching TV.  The 2 pike blocks are examples of during the week painting.  Then I have my weekend painting this is generally painted to a higher standard although you'd never tell by the photos.
After at least 2 minutes contemplation I have decided on the following plan of attack.  During the week, I'll paint up a 3rd pike block, non other than  Fernado Pirazzo and his Lost Legion (actually they are not lost as I know exactly where they are), and a unit of empire pistoliers.  Then for "Something for the weekend Sir" I'll finish the 10 Kossars I've started, taking that unit up to 15 figures.  Then I'll paint another 6 Winged Lancer troopers making 2 units of 9 plus a mounted Ar-Ulric and either Luthor Huss or an Ice Queen making 2 units of 10.  I'll also need an suitably impressive model to lead it.  I also need to pretty up the bases and put the flags, banners and decals on.  Once that's done I'll take another look and see what I want to do next, but then there's 40K, Necromunda and who knows what else.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment