Saturday, 19 November 2016

Leopold's Leopard Company

The first 6 figures painted for The Dogs of War, Leopold's Leopard Company, these are for the rear ranks. The next batch which I'm painting at the minute are a lot "cleaner" and look better, even though they are only about 50% complete.
I've painted these the same as the Napoleonic's, white undercoat, block paint, wash, more block paint, wash, and highlight and it's not working on these figures, so for the next DoW unit I'll be taking Amy Winehouse's advice and going back to black for the undercoat.



Thanks for looking
Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Amy Winehouse reference? That is a good one! I am firmly in the the black undercoat camp. Even when I think white would be a more reasonable choice, figures in black just seem to paint more quickly. Covering the white bits satisfactorily takes more effort for me. Your six figs look very good to my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive comments Jonathan.
    Oddly enough I paint quicker over white or should that read lazier over white. I use white ever now and again and every time it say to myself that's it no more white.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking pikemen, beautiful mix of colors!

    ReplyDelete