Friday, 25 March 2016

Chinese PLA

I went to Vapnartak, York Wargames Society's annual show last month, it was the first time I've visited one of the bigger national shows and I must say I was very impressed.  While I was there I picked up a few things I wanted and a few things I didn't know that I wanted, one of the latter was some Chinese PLA from Empress Miniatures  I got 5 packs of infantry and the ZBD 05 Amphibious IFV.  These are lovely figures, a bit different to what I usually paint, regular readers will be aware that I am a fan of the work of Messrs Perry and Perry, these figures however are slightly taller and slimmer, more realistically proportioned.  The figures themselves paint up well and I have painted these in Tibetan camouflage, I considered giving them blue UN helmet covers but in the end decided against it.  Next I want to paint the ZBD 05 in digi camo, so we'll see how that woks out.  I've also been working on the Egyptian chariot, the horses are nearly done, but more on that later.

The odd spot of white that you can see in the photos isn't where I've missed a bit, it's shine from the GW "Nuln Oil" wash that I used, I'll pick up some Vallejo Black Wash next time I'm at the FLGS which will fix the problem.
Thanks for looking 
Cheers









2 comments: