Sunday, 31 January 2016

Sea People


Finally the first 6 Sea People Warriors, as these are wearing the pelset, possibly the best headgear of the ancient world I'm calling them Lukka.  The Lukka were allies of the Hittites when the situation suited them.  Like all of the miniatures in my Biblical collection these are by Foundry.  I've started on the second batch of 6, the armoured guys, which when complete will give me 4 elements, which is unfortunately the limit.  I've also got enough for another 4 elements of figures in horned helmets representing Sherden, who may or may not be the start of the Egyptians.
And the back view


Thanks for looking.

11 comments:

  1. THey look beautiful, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, I was too keen to start on the pelsets and kilts so I rushed the flesh, a bit more care required on the next batch I think.
      Cheers

      Delete
  2. lovely brush work and colours used on your Sea People minis - marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I've got a pretty good sized force to paint up, so I'm watching intently! New stuff coming from Cutting Edge this year, Inc more Sea People. Their chariots are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, Cutting Edge make some excellent figures, but I got all of my figures from foundry before Cutting Edge started! I'm about 2/3 of the way through them so we'll see what happens when I'm finished, some more archers and skirmishers after the Sea People, the probably a change of subject.
      Cheers

      Delete
  4. Looking great. They are still among the best Biblical sculpts in 28mm to date. Bags of character and fine detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ramaese I should change my ID to Muwatalli and we should get together to re-fight Kadesh
      Cheers

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ramaese I should change my ID to Muwatalli and we should get together to re-fight Kadesh
      Cheers

      Delete
  5. No problem. Will send out my generals to raise the army :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apologies for missing this post earlier, Steve. Great looking Sea Peoples. The Foundry range is superb. The first 28mm figures I collected were Redoubt's Trojan War range.

    ReplyDelete