Monday, 24 August 2015

Ricco's Republican Guard

A test figure for Ricco's Republican Guard, not quite finished but you can get the idea,  I've got 24 Republican Guard plus 5 Voland's Venators and a Mercenary General on the painting table, a little intimidating after I've been painting just I few figures at a time for the Biblical's but I'm sure I'll manage.  I didn't under coat this figure, a wash on the armour some silver highlights and a second wash, then paint his feathers bandages etc, I managed to miss his chin though,  All in all I think he's turned out fine and when he's on his custom movement tray with his 23 mates they'll certainly look the business.



Cheers

3 comments:

  1. Nice work. Good to see the old Dogs of War minis getting some paint, they're great pikemen.

    I did a Ricco's Republican Guard unit a few years back - I found them a challenge to rank up, so best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a fine sculpt with beautiful colors, Steve. A unit of these will be quite impressive indeed.

    ReplyDelete