Saturday, 4 October 2014

Nurgle Chaos Warrior

Hi,
This time I've painted a Nurgle Chaos Warrior, it's only taken about 15 years to finish the painting.  He was destined to become one of the Possessed in a 40K Death Guard Army, which never really got off the ground.  I decided to take a short break from painting the Biblical Army so I'm painting up stuff I've had lying around for years with no particular plan in mind, tiding up if you will.
Thanks for looking


I think brass metal work works best for Nurgle and I tried a verdigris effect on the brass, this is my first attempt at verdigris and I think it's come out reasonably well.  I've also used a similar pallet to the Nurgle Space Marine but with a bit more contrast, going for a unified look.
Thanks for looking

5 comments:

  1. Great looking character figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement,
    I think the older figures have a lot more character than some of the newer offerings
    and they're easier to paint
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The newer figures have nothing on the old sculpts, this one's a classic. So much imagination in those days. I've also been painting my old Chaos stuff in the last year or so. They are a joy to paint.

      Delete
  3. Love it! Great work on the armour especially.

    ReplyDelete